The present contract is concluded between a person who applied fora chair, delegate, or faculty member position at international annual studentconference PragueMUN 2019, which is to be held from February 3rd to7th, 2019 in Prague, (hereinafter referred to as the Conference) andwas officially accepted (hereinafter referred to as the Participant) and thestudent organization Model United Nations Prague z.s. with headquarters inJaurisova 515/4, Michle, 140 00 Prague 4, represented by its elected board(hereinafter referred to as the Organizer).
The subject of the present contract is participation in theConference.
In order to be eligible forparticipating in the Conference, the Participant must:
- reach the age of 18 by the moment of applying to the Conference
- be enrolled at universityas a student of bachelor, master or doctor program (not applicable to facultymembers).
2. Duties of the Organizer
- The Organizer undertakes toproceed an application within 14 days after having it received and notify theParticipant about further steps in case they were accepted or reasons for thembeing rejected.
- The Organizer undertakes toprovide the Participant all the necessary information with regards toorganization, preparation, schedule, and any changes to it in a timely manner.
3. Duties ofthe Participant
The Participant undertakes to:
- provide full and truthfulpersonal information requested in a respective application form for thepurposes of arranging the Conference
- adhere to the rules ofconduct established for the duration of the Conference
- treat the Organizer’s team,support staff, chairs, other participants and guests of the Conference withrespect and dignity
- actively contribute todebates and discussions at the Conference sessions
- use English as the onlyofficial language of the Conference, both in the course of sessions and socialevents
- obey the Czech law duringtheir stay in Prague in the course of the Conference and refrain from anyviolations of law, criminal actions as well as illegal consumption of drugs
- ensure 75% attendance atthe sessions (minimum 6 out of 8) inorder to be entitled to obtain a certificate of participation
The Participant waivestheir right to claim any damages associated with losses, injuries or incidentsin the course of the Conference to the Organizer and further bears in mind thatthe Organizer is not responsible for the Participant’s personal belongings.
4. Chair Participation Fee
There is no participationfee established for the Participant accepted for a role of a Chair at theConference (hereinafter referred to as the Chair). However, it is notapplicable to additional expenses associated with travelling to Prague,accommodation, public transport etc. that are to be covered by the Chair attheir own expenditure.
Solely for the purpose ofensuring smooth preparation process and avoiding last-minute cancellations, theChair will be asked to pay a refundable deposit of 1200 CZK (~40 euro).The deposit will serve as a guarantee of timely fulfillment of the Chair’sduties prior to the Conference and will be fully refunded during registrationon the first day of the Conference.
5. Delegate and Faculty MemberParticipation Fee
For the Participantaccepted for a Delegate or a Support Member role, participation fee isestablished according to the date of registering for the Conference via arespective application form in the following amount:
- 1st wave – from 24th of September till 14th of October – 2200CZK (~85 euro)
- 2nd wave – from 15th of October till 4th of November – 2350CZK (~90 euro)
- 3rd wave – from 5th of November till 25th of November – 2500CZK (~95 euro)
The Participation Feeincludes:
- conference materials, i.e.notebook, pen, badge, bag, promo materials, etc.
- 4 lunches
- 3 coffee breaks
- certificate ofparticipation
- social pack
- Sunday – reception at Welcome party
- Monday – welcome drinks at Committee night
- Tuesday – Czech traditional dinner
- Thursday – reception at Farewell Party
6. Payment policy
- The Participant musttransfer their payment within 20 days after having received an invoice. Paymentis to be effected in CZK and transferred directly to the bank account,details of which will be specified in an invoice. Additional expensesassociated with a bank transfer or other bank charges are to be covered by theParticipant. In case the Participant fails to pay an invoice within the givenperiod of time, their application gets declined automatically.
- No cash payments areaccepted before or during the Conference.
- No refundis possible irrespective of reasons for not coming to the Conference (e.g. visarejection, personal circumstances, etc.). Replacement, however, is a subjectfor consideration of the Organizer.
7. Committee and Country Allocation
- Committee and Country will be finally assigned to the Participant solely after the Organizer receives payment to its account.
- The Participant must not represent their country of origin, citizenship or residence.
- Committee and Country preferences submitted by the Participant in the application do not serve as a guarantee of a respective assignment.
- Committee and Country assignment is a subject to change by way of exception under certain circumstances.
8. Additionalservices rendered
- When requested via a respective application form, the Organizer will additionally arrange for theParticipant accommodation for the whole period of the Conference duration.These services are not included in the participation fee and are to be paid additionally. The price for one bed in a double room for 5 nights (from 3.02to 8.02) is 2500 CZK (~95 euro).
- When requested via a respective application form, the Organizer will additionally arrange for theParticipant a public transport ticket for the whole period of the Conference duration. These services are not included in the participation fee and are to be paid additionally. The price for a 5-day ticket is 250 CZK (~10 euro).
- If theParticipant requires a Schengen visa to come to Czech Republic, the Organizer provides them with an Invitation Letter. An Invitation Letter can be provided explicitly after all payments have been duly effected against an invoice sent.The Participant undertakes to cover all expenses associated with dispatch of original documents via postal services if needed. The Organizer can’t guarantee, however, that a Schengen visa will be granted, therefore, all risks associated with applying for a Schengen visa are borne by the Participant.
9. Ownership of conference materials
- The Organizer proclaims its ownership of all the materials elaborated and (or) published before and in the course of the Conference, i.e. Study Guides, Conference Handbook, promo materials, photographs, etc.
- The Participant gives their consent to usage of photographs taken by the Organizer in the course of the Conference for further promotional purposes. No renumeration is offered in this case.
The annual international conference Prague Model united Nations 2019 held from 3rd to 7th of February 2019 in University of Economics in Prague (hereafter referred to as PragueMUN 2019) is organized by the student organization Model United Nations Prague z.s. with headquarters in Jaurisova 515/4, Michle, 140 00 Prague 4 (hereafter referred to as the Organizer).
All personal data acquired during the application process for PragueMUN 2019, will be processed under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner; will be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes; and will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
The purposes of processing Applicant’s data are restricted solely to the purposes of arranging PragueMUN 2019 and will be stored by Organizer on respective shares till the 31st of March 2019. Personal data will be erased prior to the specified date upon the Applicant’s request.
The categories of personal data concerned are: Name, Surname, Date of Birth, Citizenship, Country of Residence, Document ID, Email, and University of Studies.
Applicant will be asked to provide their motivation and previous experience, which will be used only for the purposes of assigning a role (a country and a committee) at PragueMUN 2019 to them.
Particular Applicant’s personal data, naming Document ID, Name, Surname, and Date of birth will be disclosed to third parties in case Applicant requires accommodation for a period of staying in Prague to be arranged for them by Organizer.
By submitting Delegate Application, the Applicant gives their consent to Personal data to be processed. According to art. 7 GDPR the Applicant has the right to withdraw their consent at any time as well as to restrict its processing. This will, however, inevitably cause rejection/suspension of an application, since assuring Applicant’s participation at PragueMUN 2019 without their particular personal data is not possible.